TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
Please read carefully the following terms of participation for the We Create Mentorship and Grant program.
1. Eligibility: In order to apply for the 2021 We Create Mentorship & Grant program (“Program”), applicant must be: an individual 18 years or older; speak fluent English, be an emerging artist actively pursuing a full-time art career, utilize digital applications in some part of applicant’s creative process. Advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible.
2. Compliance with Terms of Participation: By entering into the Program applicant agree to abide by these Terms of Participation. We Create reserves the right to amend the Terms of Participation and in doing so, will publish the amended version on the Program website. It is the responsibility of the applicant to be aware of any updated information before applying in addition to officially joining the Program. Failure to comply with the Terms of Participation will result in expulsion from the program.
3. How to Enter: Applicant must fill out an application. All entries must be submitted via TypeForm. By applying to the Program and providing applicant’s email address applicant agree that We Create and its representatives may contact applicant directly about matters related to the Program. We Create will never share applicant’s information outside of the program and permission will be requested to contact applications about any other matters.
4. Timeline: Applicant must submit a complete application by 11:59pm EST on November 30th, 2020. Late entries will not be eligible. Up to five (5) semi-finalists will be chosen by each We Create mentor and notified by Dec. 11th, 2020. Video or voice interviews will be held Dec. 14th-21st. All applicants will be notified of the outcome by Dec. 28th.
5. Judging Criteria: We Create mentors will select up to five (5) applicants as semi-finalists, resulting in the selection of the final three (3) 2021 We Create mentees following completion of finalist interviews. Applicants will be evaluated based on their work and collective answers to the application and interview questions with an emphasis on the applicant’s goals and how they intend to use the program to aid their success. We Create and its mentors reserves the right to accept fewer than five (5) semi-finalists. All decisions are final.
6. Recipient Notification and Grant Award: All applicants will be notified by email by Dec. 28th, 2020. Winners will be subject to eligibility verification as described in these Terms of Participation. The three (3) chosen mentees will receive one-on-one mentoring with the We Create mentors for the 2021 calendar year and a $2000 grant award (“Grant Award”) at the conclusion of the Final Project to take place during the final months of the mentorship.
7. Tax Implications of Grant Award: Winning applicants will be responsible for any tax implications as a result of accepting their Grant Award.
8. Representation, Warranties, Covenants, and Legal Responsibility: By entering the Program, applicant represent, warrant, and covenant that:
(i) the applicant is the creator, and owner of any materials applicant submitted as part of application and/or produced within the We Create program (“Materials”); (ii) distribution of the Materials does not violate any applicable laws; (iii) distribution of the Materials does not infringe any third-party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity or confidentiality obligations; (iv) all Materials are free from defamatory, obscene or otherwise harmful or unlawful components; and (v) applicant is not bound by any obligations or conditions that conflict with applicant’s participation in the Program. Applicant further agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless We Create, and any contractors, agents and representatives, from and against any and all known or unknown, anticipated or unanticipated, third party claims, damages, liabilities, judgments, liens, costs and expenses, including reasonable outside attorney’s fees, arising out of applicant’s breach of any representation, warranty or covenant made as part of applicant’s participation and submission of Materials for this Program.
9. Publicity: Applicant agrees that We Create, and any contractors, agents and representatives, may use, without compensation to applicants, applicant’s name or work created in conjunction with The Program for any purpose related to the Program.
10. Additional Conditions for Selected Applications
A. Before the funding is awarded, mentees must acknowledge in writing applicant’s acceptance of these Terms of Participation.
B. Usage and Licensing of Applicant’s Materials: By participating in the Program, applicant:
i. Agree that at the conclusion of the Program, We Create may elect, but is not required, to publish applicant’s work developed in the Program without further compensation to applicant.
ii. Grant to We Create, an irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, perpetual, worldwide license to publish, reproduce, distribute, display, transcribe, perform, edit, transmit or disseminate applicant’s Materials in all formats, media, broadcast, or platforms (including, without limitation, on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Snap Chat, Google+, and Pinterest) whether now known or hereafter invented, and to use the Materials or any portions thereof for all purposes, including but not limited to editorial uses, compilations, retrospectives, merchandise, promotional or marketing materials. The license rights with respect to the Materials will be nonexclusive unless applicant and We Create enter into an agreement providing otherwise.
iii. Understand that the Program promotes a culture of inclusion, kindness and well-being, and has zero tolerance for harassment, bullying, or otherwise inappropriate behavior. Should applicant fail to uphold the Code of Conduct as agreed to within these terms of participation, applicant will be asked to leave the Program.
iv. Agree to miss no more than three (3) meetings of the Program. More than three (3) absences, unless otherwise discussed between applicant and We Create, may result in dismissal from the Program, at its discretion.
v. Agree that under no circumstances shall applicant’s application, applicant’s participation in the Program or anything in these Terms of Participation be construed as an offer or contract of employment with We Create and/or its mentors and sponsors.
11. Miscellaneous: This Program is void where prohibited. The Program shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. References to “We Create” in these Terms of Participation, includes all agents, websites or subsidiaries operated by We Create now or in the future.
Return to We Create