Please read carefully the following terms of participation for the She Creates Mentorship and Grant program.
1. Eligibility: In order to apply for the 2019 She Creates Mentorship & Grant program (“Program”), you must be: an individual 18 years or older; identify as female, speak fluent English, be an emerging artist actively pursuing a full-time artistic career, utilize digital applications in some part of your creative process. Advertising and promotion agencies also are not eligible.
2. Compliance with Terms of Participation: By entering into the Program you agree to abide by these Terms of Participation. Tracie Ching reserves the right to amend the Terms of Participation and if we do so, we will publish the amended version on this Program website. It is your responsibility to check regularly to make sure you are aware of the updated information. If you do not agree to any changes to these Terms of Participation, your only remedy is to withdraw from the Program.
3. How to Enter: You must fill out an application. All entries must be submitted via TypeForm. By applying to this Program website and providing your email address you agree that Tracie Ching may contact you directly about matters directly related to the Program. Tracie Ching will ask your permission before contacting you about any other matters.
4. Timeline: You must submit a complete application by 11:59pm EST on November 30th, 2018. Late entries will not be eligible. Five (5) semi-finalists will be chosen by Tracie Ching and notified by Dec. 10th, 2018. Phone or video chat interviews will be held Dec. 12th-19th. All applicants will be notified of the outcome by Dec. 21st.
5. Judging Criteria: Tracie Ching will select up to five (5) applicants as semi-finalists, with the 2019 She Creates mentee chosen after finalist interviews. Applicants will be evaluated based on their work and collective answers to the application questions with an emphasis on the applicant’s goals and how they intend to use the program to aid in their success. Tracie Ching reserves the right to accept fewer than five (5) semi-finalists depending on the strength of the submitted applications. All decisions are final.
6. Recipient Notification and Grant Award: All applicants will be notified by email but Dec. 21st, 2018. Winners will be subject to eligibility verification as described in these Terms of Participation. The chosen mentee will receive one-on-one mentoring with Tracie Ching for the 2019 calendar year and a $2000 grant award (“Grant Award”) at the conclusion of the Final Project to take place during the final 3 months of the mentorship.
7. Tax Implications of Grant Award: Winning applicants will be responsible for any tax implications as a result of accepting their Grant Award.
8. Representation, Warranties, Covenants, and Legal Responsibility: By entering the Program, you represent, warrant, and covenant that: (i) you are the creator, and owner of any materials you submit as part of your application or produce in the She Creates program (“Materials”); (ii) distribution of the Materials does not violate any applicable laws; (iii) distribution of the Materials does not infringe any third-party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity or confidentiality obligations; (iv) all Materials are free from defamatory, obscene or otherwise harmful or unlawful components; and (v) you are not bound by any obligations or conditions that conflict with your participation in the Program. You further agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Tracie Ching, and any contractors, agents and representatives, from and against any and all known or unknown, anticipated or unanticipated, third party claims, damages, liabilities, judgments, liens, costs and expenses, including reasonable outside attorney’s fees, arising out of your breach of any representation, warranty or covenant made as part of your participation and submission of Materials for this Program.
9. Publicity: You agree that Tracie Ching may use without compensation to you your name or work created in conjunction with The Program for any purpose related to the Program.
10. Additional Conditions for Winning Applications
A. Before the funding is awarded, you must acknowledge in writing your acceptance of these Terms of Participation. The mentee must also submit a W-9 in order to receive the Grant Award. Failure to do so will render you ineligible for the Grant Award or participation in the Program.
B. Usage and Licensing of Your Materials: By participating in the Program, you:
i. Agree that at the conclusion of the Program, Tracie Ching may elect, but is not required, to publish your work developed in the Program without further compensation to you.
ii. Grant to Tracie Ching, an irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, perpetual, worldwide license to publish, reproduce, distribute, display, transcribe, perform, edit, transmit or disseminate your Materials in all formats, media, broadcast, or platforms (including, without limitation, on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Snap Chat, Google+, and Pinterest) whether now known or hereafter invented, and to use the Materials or any portions thereof for all purposes, including but not limited to editorial uses, compilations, retrospectives, merchandise, promotional or marketing materials.
The license rights granted herein to Tracie Ching shall be exclusive during the Program and for a period of thirty (30) days from the conclusion of the Program. Thereafter Tracie Ching’s license rights with respect to the Materials will be nonexclusive unless you and Tracie Ching enter into an agreement providing otherwise.
iii. Understand that the Program promotes a culture of kindness and well-being, and has zero tolerance for harassment, bullying, or otherwise inappropriate behavior. Should you fail to uphold these standards, you may be asked to leave the Program.
iv. Agree to miss no more than three (3) meetings of the Program. More than three (3) absences, unless otherwise discussed between you and Tracie Ching, may result in dismissal from the Program, at her discretion.
v. Agree that under no circumstances shall your application, your participation in the Program or anything in these Terms of Participation be construed as an offer or contract of employment with Tracie Ching.
11. Miscellaneous: This Program is void where prohibited. The Program shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia. References to “Tracie Ching” in these Terms of Participation, includes all websites or subsidiaries operated by Tracie Ching now or in the future.